According to Entrepreneurs.com, branding is “the marketing practice of creating a name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product from other products”. It is essentially, making your mark. In the online and print world your brand can serve as a symbol of professionalism. Every company has a brand, and a good one says volumes about your business. Successful branding is the correct application of techniques carried throughout all of the company’s marketing efforts.
Why is branding important?
• Builds long term customer relationships through brand identification
• Differentiates you from your competitors
• An organized and consistent branding campaign indicates reliability and experience
• Cross-platform branding pushes your company message to a huge audience
The biggest part of your branding efforts is made up of your logo, website, social media and promotional materials. Consistency is most important – your message should reach across all of these marketing outlets so that there is no confusion about your company, product or services. People will know who you are and what you do, and they’ll recognize you when they see any type of advertising that you employ.
And when I say consistency, I mean using the same fonts, colors and style throughout all of your promotional materials. Doing so makes your company look professional and the customer will gain trust about your commitment to service.
How do you define your brand? By answering the questions below you will identify the key points that must be included in your branding efforts:
• What is your company’s mission?
• What are the benefits of your product?
• What type of customer or demographics do you wish to reach?
• What qualities differentiate your company from your competitors?
• What are the core values of your company?
• What is your company’s tagline or message?
At the end of the day, it’s the company’s reputation for quality and service that makes for successful business. But without successful branding, no one will know who you are. Are you going to leave it to chance?
If you’re ready to increase your visibility, refresh your company’s image, identify your target audience, or step into the online world of social networking, please contact us. We would be happy to meet with you and discuss the possibilities.
"A brand is not a product or a promise or a feeling. It's the sum of all the experiences you have with a company." – Amir Kassaei